Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oh my gosh! People read my post!


I'm shocked! Really, I am! I don't necessarily find myself all that interesting, or at least I don't find what I have to write about all that interesting. And for somebody to actually read it, and comment, well, that's just cool. Thanks!

Let me throw out there my biggest excuse for not writing: I have a lot of jobs...

I'm the Administrative Assistant for my pastor at the Fields Church
I'm a crossing guard for Magnolia Elementary
I take care of a puppy twice a day
I nanny to a little four month old baby girl twice a week
I babysit...a lot

Don't get me wrong, I love being busy and I love all the various jobs I do in one day, but man, does it keep me moving!

I can't live without my calendar anymore. You should see it, it's all color coded! 

Now this is the point where I go, um, what do I write about? If I can't think of anything, should I even bother?

Oh, here's something:

For for the past three week, my pastor, David, has been in Africa with Acts 29 International training and equipping other pastors over there. While he's been gone, I basically moved in with his wife, Wilma, and their 5 kids. I've stayed every night with her in the king size bed along with at least one kid, some nights up to three. 

Well, he came home yesterday and I went with Wilma and the kids to the airport to pick up David because he was going to take his Wilma straight to a hotel after we picked him up and I was going to bring the kids home and stay one last night with them.

So I put the kids to bed and Katherine, Benjamin, and Timothy decided to sleep in Mom and Dad's bed with me. When I finally went to bed myself, there was three little kiddos all nicely laying in the bed, under the covers and all their heads on the pillows. 

About half way through the night, I couldn't pull the cover over myself because Benjamin kept kicking his legs out of the covers and sleeping on top of them. I managed to get him back under the covers and noticed that Timothy on the far end of the bed was backwards. His feet were on the pillow and his head down where his feet should be. I carefully picked him up and turned him around and snuggled back into my comfy warm spot and feel asleep.

Sure enough, I wake up again to tuck Benjamin's legs back under the covers (for the umteenth time) and I notice this time that Katherine's head is down near Timothy's feet. Odd. Oh, well, I wasn't going to bother. It was my goal to attempt to sleep in this morning. Foolish goal.

When I finally woke up, all three kids were sleeping diagonally in the bed. It was the funniest thing. They all managed to work themselves at an angle without disrupting one another. I happen to have my phone next to me so I snapped a picture on my phone. 

Well, I have to move out and go back home today. I'll have to go back to my twin size bed. Kids make great little heaters in bed; they're so warm. Guess I should get a cat.

2 comments:

Krista said...

That is really sweet. You have such an amazing heart for kids and for helping others, I love it. Thank you for loving on our kids on Monday nights. You are the best, REALLY. O.K. are you ready for this....I am adding your link to my friends list on my blog, are you up for the pressure...hehehehe! Kidding, no pressure, I want to remember to check you regularly and if you are not on the list, I forget. Keep up the blogging sweetie, it is GREAT!

Chris - Laura said...

That's adorable.

I can't wait to make you something!! Now to think of what....