Monday, February 9, 2009

Lessons to be Thankful

I was thinking today that I'm not a very thankful person...or at least I don't take the time to give thanks.

I've decided to try to write down everyday (here or in my journal -yeah, I write in that a lot {can you feel the sarcasm?}) on something I'm thankful for.

Today I had a very busy schedule:

7:40-8:10 - Cross Guarding
Puppy sitting right after that to about 8:35
Then I drive up to the back gate to Camp Pendleton to nanny a little 5-month old girl
9-1 - Nanny
leave there and go back to puppy sit
leave puppy at 2pm and drive out to the school
2:25-3:10 - Cross Guard
Go to the Fandey's to work with David from 4-6
Eat some sort of dinner
7-9 - Childcare for the Beginning's class

At about 1:15 in my day, I get a call from David and he is asking if we can postpone our meeting until tomorrow morning since he was on  a roll on his sermon and wanted to keep going while he had the time. No problem. 

After I got off the phone it dawned on me that God had provided me a little break in my day. Yesterday I hoped to get to over to Costco to do some grocery shopping, but knew that there would be no time my day today. But with this sudden open time frame I was able to go and stock up on food. Thank you, God for giving me that time! Maybe tomorrow He'll clean my room for me!

1 comment:

Krista said...

I am thankful you watched Jacob and Annika tonight. They adore you! Thank you!